- This event has passed.
Farm Tourism 101 with Farm Guiding Certification Course (FT101)
August 18, 2020 - August 20, 2020
|OVERVIEW||Download Course Details||Download Registration Form||REGISTER ONLINE NOW|
|Farm Tourism is a fast-growing branch of sustainable tourism that offers additional and significant income for farmers and local communities. It offers tourists a respite from the city by going back to the simple, healthy, and down-to-earth lifestyle of the countryside.
Farm Tourism 101 with Farm Guiding Certification Course (FT101) aims to provide participants the basics of setting up a farm tourism business. Through this course, participants will learn the benefits of having a farm tourism site, the techniques on ways to attract visitors and travelers to go to farm areas, and understand the Republic Act 10816, also known as the “Farm Tourism Development Act of 2016.”
FT101 enabled the graduates to showcase their applications, accomplishments, and best practices after taking the course. ISST allows potential and well-improved individual or farm (organization) by presenting them to bigger or international conferences and conventions as part of the school’s social responsibility in uplifting and empowering farmers.
FT101 envisions to produce graduates as many as the school can generate to increase the number of farmers and or farm owners in the country.
KEY SEMINAR TOPICS
Day 1: Putting the “Farm” in the Farm Tourism
Day 2: Putting the “Tourism” in the Farm Tourism
Day 3: Visiting Farm Tourism Site
APPROACHES AND METHODS
FT101 will adopt a combination of various training methods to maximize and facilitate the learning of the participants, as follows:
Eighty percent (80%) of the workshop duration will be allocated for classroom learning methods, while the remaining twenty percent (20%) will be allocated for field learning exercises/experiences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The FT101 course is open to the following: